1. Generate SSH private and public key pair
Open PuTTYgen.exe from the Windows programs list and proceed with the following steps.
- Under Parameters, select the type of key Ed25519 (this type of key is recommended on HPC Vega).
- Under Actions, click Generate.
- You will be instructed to move the mouse cursor around within the PuTTY Key Generator window as a randomizer to generate the private key.
- Once the key information appears, it is optional to set passphrase for your SSH key – under Key passphrase and Confirm passphrase.
- Save the private key to the desktop as id_rsa.ppk.
- Save the public key to the desktop as id_rsa.pub.
2. Copy your public key to Fido
This procedure is explained in the Fido Upload section.